Tidewater Lactation Group
The Unimom Minuet : is a terrific pump with some fantastic features for moms who stay on the go! The Minuet features an innovative design with top quality features including multiple massage/let down and expression modes, modern LCD display and a USB charge port! The Minuet has 7 unique massage modes and 7 levels of expression modes plus 2 special patterns of expression mode. That may seem confusing, but it means there is a mode for every mom! The built-in lithium battery on the Minuet provides up to 2.5 hours of battery life on a single charge. That's amazing! Did we mention that the Minuet is only 3.5 inches wide?! It's a small pump that packs a big punch!
*Suction Power (mmHg): 40mmHg-300mmHg
*Comes as dual pump with single pumping option
*Power Source: AC adapter 5V DC, 2A smart phone jack (micro USB jack)
*12 Month Warranty includes pump motor unit and controller (Everything inside or permanently connected to the plastic shell of actual pump unit)
* This pump is ideal for pumping up to 2-3 times a day but not intended for exclusive pumping or pumping for multiples.
* Spare/replacement parts are only available in an entirely new kit and not in separate pieces.
* The only power option is through the USB charge (does come with a charging block).
Medela Pump In Style : Is a name that has been around in the breast pump world for a long time and the Pump In Style is their most popular pump for some pretty good reasons. Medela's two phase pumping technology stimulates the way a baby nurses, so you can adjust the speed and letdown feature to pump more efficiently. The Pump In Style backpack version comes with a power cord and a
a battery pack, which can be a lifesaver when you need to pump and there's no outlet in sight. Since Medela has been a big brand name for decades, finding spare parts in a pinch will not be a problem for this pump. Medela offers a broad array of breast shield sizes to suit every mom and even more customization options are possible using products from outside companies like pumping pals etc... Customer service with Medela will not disappoint! The company has been around long enough to really be able to tend to your needs any time of the day or night. When you need them, they are there!
* 1 year warranty limited on motor, 90 days limited on other parts.
* Suction Power (mmHg): 40mmHg - 235mHg
* Power source: 9 volt AC adapter and battery pack included.
(Car charger available for purchase separately).
* The motor is loud for some moms.
* The pump is an open air system (there is the potential for milk/mold/viruses to get into the pump/milk).
* You cannot adjust the speed cycle (you can only control suction strength).
* The pump is attached to the backpack (not removeable) which can be bulky for some moms.
This 1-1/2 pound portable hospital-grade breast pump features Limerick PJ's patented technology for maximum comfort and safety! The Comfort is a hospital grade pump (unlike the Spectra that claims to be, but isn't) and comes with a 3 year warranty on pump parts and labor. That kind of warranty definitely lets you know the company has faith in the longevity of the product they built! The Comfort was designed by IBCLC's (International Board Certified Lactation Consultants) who run their business knowing the full needs of a breastfeeding and pumping momma! The Comfort comes with a one size fits all, soft flexible breast shield giving moms a comfortable feeling when pumping by using both compression and suction similar to how your baby nurses. Moms know their milk is completely safe with the Comfort by the use of a micron filter on the pump which keeps icky bacteria from contaminating your precious milk.
* 3 year warranty on pump parts and labor
* Suction power (mmHg): 15mmHg -250mmHg
* Power options: AC adapter included. (Battery pack and car cord available as separate purchases)
* No Pre-set stimulation button (the feature is manual only)
* The one size fits all flange may not fit all moms. No other flange options are available.
* Difficulty in getting replacement parts quickly/locally
* You may need to replace your filter often if you are not careful and milk backs up into it.
The Calypso Ardo allows you to comfortably and easily pump without disrupting the quiet of a sleeping baby or partner. This pump has proven to be the absolute quietest pump available. The Calypso is compact and easy to use and comes with a selection of breast shield sizes to choose from so you are sure to find the right fit. The Calypso offers three simple settings: on/off, vacuum increase/decrease, cycle increase/decrease. These simple settings makes using this pump effortless. The Calypso is so portable and lightweight and comes with a built in battery compartment for on the go pumping. Calypso's warranty is one of the best out there:
"All Ardo personal-use electric breast pumps carry our exclusive 400 hour warranty good for 400 hours of use or one year, whichever is better for our moms". The Calypso breast pump features independent vacuum and cycle adjustment with 64 total setting. That's a lot of options! This Swiss made breast pump is a premium quality product with an amazing company behind them.
* Power options: AC adapter and comes with built in battery compartment for using the pump on the go (takes 8 AA batteries)
* Suction power (mmHg): 50mmHg-330mmHg
* Warranty: 1 year or 400 hours, whichever benefits mom.
* No pre-set stimulation button
* Instruction booklet is very lengthy (it's in many different languages)
* Pump motor reported to not be as strong when using battery option.
The Spectra S2 delivers big power with way less bulk and noise than you would expect. No need to stress about your milk supply with the Spectra S2's power house motor! The digital controls allow you to adjust the speed and suction to maximize output to what works best for your body and you have the ability to save the settings! That's neat!!! Moms love the added nightlight that is built right into the Spectra S2 handle, making late night pumping sessions a bit easier. The Spectra S2 has a few different breast flange size options so you are sure to find the perfect fit! With the Spectra S2, you will get their 2 year pump warranty and a 90 day warranty on accessories.
* Power options: AC Power adapter
* Suction power (mmHg): 50mmHg-250mmHg
* Warranty: 2 year pump warranty and 90 warranty on accessories.
* No alternative power source (plug in only)
* Frequent reports from moms indicating poor customer service
* Pump has been reported to turn off after only a few minutes of working
* The bottle holder only holds one bottle
Copyright©2015 All Rights Reserved.
This site is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, opinion, or treatment for you or any individual. Contact your healthcare provider for more information specific to your case. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.